Tuesday, February 26, 2013

DD, Part 1

Dear Diary,

Today, I woke up early, told my kids to wake up, and got in the shower.  My shower was very nice, as far as the hot water and successful washing go.  But only one kid would get up at first.  The second one eventually stumbled into the bathroom.  But the third....I called his name at least 20 times, threatened to ground him, etc etc, and then he finally got up right before my shower was over.  Then he took forever to get ready and we ended up out the door 20 minutes later than I had planned.  That makes me cranky.  Then we were almost out of the complex when a kid said, "I'm an idiot!" because he had forgotten the card he made for his teacher.  So I went back and got the card (as well as my phone, which was still on the bathroom counter, but shhh don't tell the kids that), drove in the rain and dropped the kids at school.  Then I went to work, was cranky and tired, even though I had gotten approximately 10 hours of sleep the night before.  I was also crampy, if that explains anything.  Then I drank 3 cups of coffee and became slightly more pleasant.  Then I saw this guy with the bluest eyes and I couldn't help but be non-cranky and smile.  I continued to work all day, throw in a couple of meetings, eat coneys for lunch, drink tea, blah blah blah.  Then I talked to the ex about my biggest kid and his course of medical care.  Then I finished up work and headed home to pick up my kids.  We came home, I made dinner, we ate dinner, I let the dishes sit, started homework, had a fit when my kids would not stop talking like crap to me and to each other, and ended up screaming - in their tone - each and every thing I hear from them every day.  And then I said, "how would you like all that shouted at you all the time?"  They just sat on the couch, dumbfounded.  I hope it worked.  Then we watched 1/2 hour of Phineas and Ferb and will soon be heading to bed for Quiet Reading Time and then Sleeping Time.  And that was my day.

Love,
Ms. Cranky Pants

No comments: