Sunday, May 5, 2013

Breakfast

What do you fix your family for breakfast?

Weekend breakfast, particularly.  Well, "Breffass," as we call it. 

Sometimes we do simple stuff, like cereal.  Or granola bars and a banana. Mostly on the weekends, though, we have more traditional breffasses.  Today we had cinnamon rolls and fruit salad (fugi apples and cuties all mixed together).  Yesterday, we had scrambled eggs, onions, and ham.  Luke and Claire mixed up theirs (and asked for added cheese).  Cam ate his all separate, because that's the kind of guy he is.

My favorite Big Breffass to fix is scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, sausage, bacon, and fruit salad.

My boyfriend makes me omelets for Big Breffass, which I adore.  He puts all kinds of goodness in there:  mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, cheese.

When I go to First Watch for Big Breffass (rare) I love the Chickichanga, which is "whipped eggs with spicy all-natural white-meat chicken, chorizo sausage, green chilies, Cheddar and Monterey Jack, onions and avocado rolled in a flour tortilla. Topped with Vera Cruz sauce and sour cream. Served with fresh fruit."  Totally healthy!  Ha!

Ah, Breffass...

No comments: