Saturday, July 29, 2023

Things seem to be backed up

You know the people who always make excuses...the ones who say, "I'd like to do that, but....blah blah blah I can't. Save it for another day."

Those people are so annoying. Those people are me, apparently. Slow Saturday to start, got up, woke up Ms. Unemployed, asking, "Hey, didn't you say you were leaving for Gpa M's early this morning?" Received a groggy, "What? 2 or 3 o'clock. Wait, I didn't even get to sleep."  "Oh," I said, "I thought you said early." Then I hear the shower start, and then the frantic rush to get out the door. Guess I was right.

After coffee and earning a wee bit of $ participating in studies about democracy, marketing, racism, and the like, I cut up some fruit, because I like to do things for L and Mike. Guess the fruit wasn't very filling, because then Mike made biscuits and gravy and eggs. Not saying I didn't love it!

Because I like comfort, apparently, I washed my sheets. Had to wait until the standing water in the utility sink went down before I could wash my quilt, but that's ok because putting sheets on the bed and pillow cases on the pillows apparently takes time because it requires several breaks to play word games on the phone. It really wears you out.

Quilt in dryer, Mike does the dishes. Hey guess what? Somehow the pipe from the kitchen sink is connected to the pipe that leads to the utility sink in the laundry room? Is that normal? Anyway, the utility sink overflowed. It is still dripping. 

So, now I have to wait even longer to wash the towels. Some of the towels are resting atop the vacuum, because why wouldn't they be? So now I can't empty the dirt from the vacuum because the towels are still on it. Can't wash the towels and can't vacuum my room. 

I'd like to do that, but...save it for another day. Or maybe later, if the standing water in the sink ever goes down.


No comments: