Wednesday, April 27, 2016

What I made for dinner 04/27/2016 - A success story!

Got this recipe from a site I like to stalk quite a bit, Damn Delicious.

One Pot Andoulle Sausage Skillet, modified to One Pot Smoked Sausage and Chicken Skillet, because I wanted to use what we had on hand.  See, Luke had soccer practice 5:30 - 6:30, and I was under the impression that I was taking him.  But since the ex and I have a hard time with communication (I am being very nice here by including myself in that bit), I learned that, in fact, the ex had planned to take him...or the ex's wife, whatever.  Top that with the fact that Claire had soccer pictures at 7:30, or thereabouts.  Anyway, I wanted something quick that either Mike or I could fix and I didn't want either of us to have to stop at the store for ingredients.

Chungah's recipe can be found here.  Nothing at all against her recipe, I just modified to use what we had on hand.  My recipe:

One Pot Smoked Sausage and Chicken Skillet

Ingredients:

1 tbsp olive oil
2+ cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
1/2 package smoked sausage (the kind that comes with 2 large links, but you may have used the other link previously)
1 package Tyson's Bagged and Ready Grilled Chicken Breast Strips
2+ cups reduced sodium chicken broth/stock/whatever you may call it
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1/2+ cup milk
10 oz elbow pasta
Sal y pimienta (en Espanol!)
1+ cup sharp cheddar and a scattering of parmesan cheese
Cayenne pepper

Instructions:

Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat.  Add garlic, onion, sausage, and chicken.  Cook, stirring frequently, until sausage and chicken are warmed, about 6 - 7 minutes.

Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, milk and pasta. Season with salt and pepper.  Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat.  Simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 14 minutes.  Remove from heat and top with cheese and a healthy amount of cayenne pepper.  Cover until cheese has melted, about 2 - 3 minutes.  SERVE!

Very yum.  I want to try it as the recipe is written, but Claire had demanded that I not change a thing.  So, there you have it.


No comments: