Tuesday, January 28, 2014

We have a Betsy Boo

Hey youse guys!

Our family has grown!  We now have a lovely kitty (what some people refer to as a "fur baby" but to me, she is a "purr baby"... she purrs constantly!) named Betsy.

She was chosen from a rescue group at PetSmart by my children, and they also named her.  It was like a magnet - they were just drawn to her.  She didn't even look the least bit interested in us while she was in her little cage.  But they seemed to know she was the cat for us.

Her foster dad advised us she would likely be standoff-ish for about a week; that she would probably sit off on her own while getting acclimated.  This, she did....for less than 24 hours.  Since then, she's been a purring, rubbing, kneading fool and seems to love all of us.  It's pretty perfect.

The kids still startle her a bit when they're loud or crazy, but they do the same to me. ;)  With me, she'll jump in my lap, or on my legs when I lie on the couch.  She's a sweetheart, and we really got so lucky with this girl.  She even poops and pees where she's supposed to!  What more can I ask for?


No comments: