Sunday, September 22, 2013

Hey, let's talk!

Hey you!  It's been a while, hasn't it?  Let's catch up.  I'll spill all my thoughts, then you can share yours.

So, hey, remember when I thought I was an introvert?  Ha ha ha ha ha, turns out I'm not.  At all.  I crave people.  I like talking with people...people I know, strangers, anyone.  I think people are pretty rockin' awesome, too.  There are so many kind people out there.  Supportive, courteous, generous, polite.  Really, most of you all are all of those things.

So, hey, remember when I was a cute little thin-ish thing like 1.5 years ago?  I'm not anymore.  I'm a fatass again.  But the funny thing is, boys still pay attention to me.  Like more so now.  I don't get it.  I'm not happy at my weight, and it will change.  Because boys or men or not, I want to be happy in my skin.

Did I tell you I got a new position at work, like back in February?  I'm happier now.  I have more impactful stuff to do.  It's frustrating at times, and a lot of the time in recent months.  We're kind of going through a transition.

I'm still poor as crap.  I'm still waiting on my QDRO settlement from the divorce.  I've only been divorced 6 thousand years now.  I'm still fighting for equality with the ex.  He's still being all controlly, and I still struggle with being a door mat.  I just want things to be easy for all parties involved, and when that can't happen, I want things to be easy for most parties involved, even if that doesn't involve me.  Whatever.  The kids know.

I'm still in the same semi-shitty apartment.  I kind of like it, and the kids really like it.  They say they prefer it to the "mansion" at Dad's.  Hard to believe.

So, C-Note is 10 - TEN - years old.  LJ will be 8 in October.  And Bear is 6.  It's all crazy stuff.  But I absolutely love and adore watching them grow up!  People talk all the time about wanting to keep their children little, but I just don't get that.  The growing, the changing, the becoming individuals...it's awesome.  I say this, but all three kids seem to think I'm the bombdiggity still.  So maybe when they hate me, I'll feel differently.

I've been addicted to many things in the past year:  Arrested Development, Weeds, Scrubs, Breaking Bad, Mad Men....I am in love with Netflix and all it has to offer a person who wants the immediate gratification of 6 seasons in two weekends.  I've gotten full throttle back into reading.  Harry Potter (thanks, Cam!), Game of Thrones, a cool little series that starts with Uglies, and many, many more.  The power of a book is amazing.

I'd lost the thrill of photography for a while.  It started to feel like a chore to me, so I backed off.  For quite a while.  I still have the same shitty low-grade camera with a kit lens.  There's no way I can justify better equipment at this juncture.  However, I shot my sister, brother-in-law, and niece this summer, and really was pleased with the results when I "processed" - I say process, because, really, I do very little post-processing....that's just not my thing - the photos.  I got my happiness back.  I took pictures of my best friend and her family today.  I want to do more.  And I will.

Ok, so, that's that for now.  I liked talking with you!  Maybe I'll come around more often.  So, how are YOU? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm doing great, thanks for asking! I live in a new city now, and I have since December. I have a new job! I still live in a shitty apartment. Still have the same sexy car, but... ehhh... Bruce isn't doing so well these days. Or was his name Steve... :-/ That's what happens when I leave town: I lose touch with the friends who are supposed to remind me what my phone and my car are named!! It was a really big phone though....

Melzer said...

From what I recall, Steve is the sexy car and Bruce is the big phone! I'm so glad you're doing well. :)