Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tried something new

Well, I did it.  I tried a relationship.  Like a real one where you call him a boyfriend and he calls you a girlfriend and you see each other a lot and are all exclusive and whatnot.  So, let's just say I've been guarded.  Marriage effectively ended Fall of 2009.  Wouldn't date anyone for like ever.  Then I decided to take a chance and let the guard down in this late Spring, 2012.  Yes, I'm slow.

Well, I'm slower than you might think, because what I learned from the relationship thing is that I am not ready for the relationship thing yet.  It was cool getting to know someone completely different from me.  But it was daunting and confusing getting to know someone completely different from me. 

I learned recently that he considers me a "Normal." 

A Normal.

As in....um, normal, boring, average person?

Um?  As in below-my-level-of-intelligence person?

Ugh, so I'm a Normal.  What the eff ever.  Yeah, I'm the first to admit my life is rather boring.  I'm not all in-yo-face geeked out nerdalicious.  I mean, yeah, admittedly I am sorta geekish, but I guess Normally so. 

Anyway, back to being me.  All boring and alone but not lonely.  Got the three children to raise and stuff.  Got the apartment to keep and stuff.  Job and stuff.  Friends and social life still tickin'. 

:) 

So I tried something different and it didn't work out.  'Sok.  Back to the Normal.

5 comments:

Robin said...

Good for you! It's good to do that to know that what you have going on is OK just the way it is. When you are ready (if ever) and you find some guy who doesn't think you are normal, you'll know!

Jill said...

I like your normalness. I also like that you're weird enough to think I'm funny. :)

Zak said...

I agree on how it was nice to date someone so different; thank you so much for taking me in and letting me experience how the other side lives. And thank you for ending it before it got too bad for both of us, as I'll always the good memories. Thank you again for all of this: you're a fucking *awesome* person. For a Normal. ;)

(And, for the record, "Normal" has *nothing* to do with intelligence, just in what tickles your fancy. And, for the record, I'm not convinced that you're Normal, but I get the impression you want to be.)

Kerry said...

Don't date fucking geeks. Terming people "Normal" is just a way of putting you in your place so they can feel better about their oh so special selves and isolate themselves int their bubbles where they feel alternately superior and persecuted.

Signed--

Quite Gloriously Commonplace (And proud)

Adrian said...

NEXT!!!